Kitchener 2000 understands how important it is to keep a child safe when they’re at Nursery and enjoying their time playing, making friends and learning. We’ve put together a little checklist which will help to make sure you keep on top of electrical safety for the little ones!
- Keep any cables or extension wires out of sight of children
- Always unplug devices that get hot after use and put them away safely to prevent burns e.g. toasters
- Keep appliances switched off overnight that aren’t in use to prevent the possibility of overheating
- Socket covers aren’t required as electrical sockets are designed to stop shocks anyway, just a visual check for scorch marks or frayed wires will do
- Show them ways to be safe when around electrical items during the day e.g. incorporating it into a activity!
- Don’t have any water or liquids near electrical items e.g. no drinks next to appliances
- Store electrical appliances out of reach from children, as we all know how nosy they can get!
Here at Kitchener 2000, we carry out Portable Appliance Testing at Nurseries, Primary Schools, High Schools and Colleges throughout the UK!
If you’re in charge of an education facility like these and would like a free site survey or a quote, contact us on the following:-
Telephone: 01254 580966