When talking about Christmas everyone thinks of the lovely delicious food that will be cooked, the beautifully wrapped presents under the very well decorated tree, but what seems to be missed is the electrical safety surrounding all of the important aspects to keep you, your family and home safe this Christmas time.
A lot of people do not consider the dangers that Christmas trees bring when they are putting them up in their family home. Many people love the smell and effect of a real Christmas tree within their home, albeit that they look and smell good, they a more prone to catching fire a lot quicker, meaning that the Fire Retardant artificial Christmas trees are a lot safer for the family home.
Real Tree Safety Tips:
- Always ensure to keep the tree watered to prevent it drying out which will help if there was a fire.
- Do not put any hairspray near the tree to stop the pines from falling as this is highly FLAMMABLE!
- Keep away from any heat sources, such as portable heaters.
- Make sure your lights are safe.
Electrical safety tips:
- Christmas tree Lights – ensure these are switched off when unattended to ensure full safety and prevention of any house fires, as lights can be very warm even on a fire retardant Christmas tree.
- Overloading sockets – if you overload sockets this can lead to a power shortage within your house and also can create house fires
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year From all at Kitchener 2000